There really is nothing like the sound of tape, whether you’re after that crunchy saturation, warm colour or the wonky, wobbly wow & flutter you can use TAPE to add some vintage flavour to your productions.
TAPE is not designed to be a technically accurate emulation of analog tape, but rather to give you the feeling you get from using real tape in a simple and easy to use Ableton Live FX Rack, and it sounds great! It’s completely free too 😉
TAPE is built using native Ableton Live devices; there’s no plugins or MaxForLive involved and no complex algorithms, just plain and simple common sense modelling based on emulating the way tape works. Each Macro gives you control over a certain characteristic of tape and you can dial in just one effect or crank up the whole lot to get that wonky, lo-fi tape sound.
- 1 TAPE.adg file (Ableton Live FX Rack)
- A Readme file is included with the download to help you get setup quickly.
- Ableton Live 9.7+
- Ableton Live Standard or Suite
- TAPE will not work with older versions of Live – you will get an error
- TAPE is 100% royalty-free.
- Read more about the licensing of TAPE here.