Get the sound of a classic drum machine
707 is a faithful recreation of the classic Roland TR-707 drum machine used by artists such as Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, Plastikman and more. The Ableton Drum Rack takes it one step further by presenting you with simple to use Macro controls to transform the sound well beyond the possibilities of the original hardware.
The Roland TR-707 Rhythm Composer is a sample-based drum machine manufactured by Roland starting in 1984. The 707 was a staple of early house music and features sounds reminiscent of the TR-909. It’s been used by artists as diverse as Aphex Twin and Phil Collins.
The original hardware is entirely sample-based and the only control available for each hit is volume, however by building the samples into an Ableton Drum Rack you’re presented with many more options for sound transformation, allowing the sound to be manipulated well beyond what’s possible with the original hardware.
Each drum hit has been sampled 4 times (called round-robin sampling) to capture the small fluctuations in circuitry that often gives hardware instruments their unique sound.
- The 707 Ableton Drum Rack (707.adg)
- 13 Single Hit 707 Drums (.adg files)
- 60 TR-707 samples in .wav format (24bit, 44.1kHz)
- A Getting Started Guide to help you get set up quickly.
For the Ableton Drum Rack:
- Ableton Live 9.7+
- Ableton Live Lite, Intro Standard or Suite
- 707 will not work with older versions of Live – you will get an error
For the samples:
Anything that can read .wav files (most DAWs)
- 707 is 100% royalty-free.
- Read more about the licensing of 707 here.