I was bored, there was an SH-101. This is that story.
The SH-101 is a classic bass synthesizer made popular in acid genres like Acid House or Acid Techno. It’s got a warm, analogue sound and the particular unit I sampled was quite gritty which you can hear in the samples.
The SH-101 does not normally make drum sounds but I set about synthesising a few and the good ones made it here. I did 4 round robins for each sample and have set those samples up in an Ableton Drum Rack. This is definitely not your standard drum kit but the sounds are gritty and analogue and work great as percussive additions to any other kit.
I’ve organised the samples into an Ableton Drum Rack with Macro controls mapped for each drum sound as well as global Macros for the volumes of each sound.
The samples are also available separately for use in other samplers. The files are in .aiff format but could easily be converted to .wav if necessary. Most samplers should accept .aiff though.
- 99 SH-101 Drum Samples
- 1 Ableton Drum Rack
- A Getting Started Guide is included with the download to help you get set up quickly.
For the Drum Rack:
- Ableton Live 9.5+
- Ableton Live Lite, Intro, Standard or Suite
- SH will not work with older versions of Live – you will get an error
For the samples:
- Anything that can read .wav files (most DAWs)
- SH is 100% royalty-free.
- Read more about the licensing of SH here.